The Raleigh County Courthouse; 215 Main Street and County Offices are open to the public from 8:30am until 4:30pm Monday through Friday. Because of the Coronavirus, a mask is required to enter county buildings. Please observe social distancing (6 feet distance) at all times.
The Raleigh County Courthouse and offices observe West Virginia State Holidays and will be closed on these holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1)
- Martin Luther King Day (Third Monday in January)
- President’s Day (Third Monday in February)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- West Virginia Day (June 20)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Labor Day (First Monday in September)
- Columbus Day (Second Monday in October)
- Veterans Day (November 11)
- Thanksgiving (Fourth Thursday in November)
- Day After Thanksgiving (Fourth Friday in November)
- Christmas Eve (Open 8:30am-12:30pm)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
- New Year’s Eve (Open 8:30am-12:30pm)
In addition, the Raleigh County Courthouse and offices are closed for regular business on statewide primary and general election days.
Additional information for consideration:
Raleigh County History
is a county located in the U.S. state of West Virginia. As of the 2010 census, the population was 78,859. Its county seat is Beckley. The county was founded in 1850 and is named for Sir Walter Raleigh.
Raleigh County Commission
The Raleigh County Commission meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month, starting at 10:00 A.M.
The County Seat is Beckley, and municipalities in Raleigh County are Beckley, Lester, Mabscott, Rhodell, and Sophia.
Raleigh County’s citizens elect three commissioners. Click here for more information about the commissioners.
Your time is very valuable and we want to provide you with variety of accessible services. If we can be of assistance to you in person, Please call us at (304) 255-9146.
Our regular office hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday (Closed for lunch: Noon – 1:00 pm).